Teeth Whitening – Corpus Christi, TX
Unlocking a Whiter and Brighter Smile
If you’re unhappy with your teeth due to staining and discoloration, you might be wondering what your options are for enhancing them. When it comes to unlocking a whiter and brighter smile, Dr. Madry and his team have the answer: teeth whitening! Feel free to give us a call to learn more about our available whitening options or to schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Dr. Rob Madry for Teeth Whitening?
- Professional and Friendly Dental Team
- In-Office and Take-Home Whitening Options
- Lasting Results You’ll Be Proud to Show Off
Who Is a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Upon visiting Dr. Madry for a consultation, he’ll be able to determine if your smile can benefit from teeth whitening. We’ll also want to review your medical history to determine if your oral health is suitable for treatment. It’s worth noting that most individuals with decent oral health and noticeably stained teeth are good candidates for the treatment! It’s often the best option for extrinsic staining, or staining that originates on the surface of the teeth. For intrinsic staining, or staining that occurs from within, other treatment options, like veneers, may be a better option.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
As a patient, you have the right to know exactly what happens throughout the teeth whitening process, and we’re happy to take the time to ensure that you understand every detail of the procedure before committing to it! Our team is proud to offer in-office Opalescence whitening, as well as professional-grade take-home whitening kits; both are capable of producing dazzling results!
We understand that you might desire to whiten your teeth on your own schedule, and professional take-home kits will allow you to do so! These kits include custom-made trays and high-grade bleaching gels that are much more effective than anything you can buy at the store. You’ll have to wear them for a designated amount of time each day for two weeks, but they can noticeably brighten your pearly whites.
Our team can also easily handle your whitening experience in office if you’d prefer. Using Opalescence whitening solutions, your teeth can be whitened in a single visit and in as little as an hour. First, your teeth are desensitized, and then a special, potent bleaching gel is used to eliminate visible surface stains.
Tips for Maintaining Your Brighter Smile
After you’ve left our office, it’s up to you to maintain your results! Here are some tips to help you out:
- Limit your exposure to foods and beverages that contain staining agents such as soda, coffee, tea, red wine, curry, soy sauce, berries, etc.
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene at home by brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash regularly.
- Continue to visit us for routine checkups and cleanings!
- Avoid poor oral habits that can weaken your enamel and cause additional staining such as smoking, biting your fingernails, and using your teeth as tools.
- Touch-up whitening treatments are also available to keep your smile bright in the future.
Understanding the Cost of Teeth Whitening
If you’re interested in learning more about the cost of teeth whitening, you’re in the right place! While we can’t provide you with an exact estimate until your appointment, we can review some factors that impact the price as well as options for making this smile-enhancing treatment more affordable. That way, you can learn more about the financial investment before your appointment.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Of course, no two smiles are the same. So, no two treatment plans are the same either. Yours will be created with numerous factors in mind, including:
- The severity of your discoloration
- The cause of the stains (ex: extrinsic vs intrinsic factors
- Whether any additional procedures are needed beforehand, like fillings
Types of Teeth Whitening: What Do They Cost?
Naturally, the type of teeth whitening treatment you choose will directly impact the cost. The four most common solutions are:
- Whitening strips or gels – Often the cheapest, these kits are most likely available at your local store and range from $20-$40 a box.
- Over-the-counter whitening trays – Typically, these cost $100 or less. Of course, the trays are one-size-fits-all, so there is a good chance they may not fit you perfectly.
- Take-home whitening – Superior to over-the-counter options because of the custom trays and powerful whitening agents, this usually costs a few hundred dollars (although it can vary depending on your dental needs and smile goals).
- In-office teeth whitening – With the ability to lighten your teeth up to eight shades in a single visit, in-office teeth whitening can range from $400 to $800 or more.
Inexpensive Teeth Whitening vs. Professional Teeth Whitening
It’s natural to consider the financial investment before selecting which teeth whitening solution is best for you. Of course, it isn’t the only factor you should consider. As with most things, the old saying “you get what you pay for” rings true with cosmetic dentistry. While professional in-office and take-home treatments may require a higher upfront investment, they also are customized to each patient’s dental needs and are administered by a licensed dentist to ensure your teeth remain strong and healthy throughout the process. Plus, the powerful whitening agents have been clinically tested to be both safe and effective, making them the best choice for your smile and your wallet!
Options for Making Teeth Whitening Affordable
Since most dental insurance providers don’t cover the cost of cosmetic dentistry, you’ll need to explore the other financial options available. Fortunately, there is a way you can space-out your payments into manageable chunks instead of having to pay for the entire cost upfront: CareCredit. With this third-party financier, you can choose a payment plan that suits your monthly budget – sometimes with little-to-no interest too! To learn more about this solution, get in touch with our team.
Teeth Whitening FAQs
It’s normal to want to feel well-informed about any type of dental procedure—especially the ones that enhance your smile’s appearance! That’s why we’ve gathered a few of the most frequently asked questions that we receive about teeth whitening along with their respective answers. Of course, if you have any other questions about teeth whitening, feel free to give us a call today for additional information or to schedule a consultation to see how your smile can benefit from the treatment.
How Long Does Teeth Whitening Treatment Take?
Our practice is thrilled to offer in-office and take-home teeth whitening options, both of which can help you achieve a brighter and whiter smile within a very reasonable timeframe! In-office whitening can lighten your smile up to eight shades in a single visit, while take-home trays can gradually whiten your teeth over the course of a couple of weeks but allow you to conveniently whiten on your own schedule. If you have a milestone event, wedding, or celebration coming up, don’t hesitate to let us know so we can ensure your smile looks dazzling for it.
Does Teeth Whitening Hurt?
Many patients are a little hesitant to commit to any type of dental work due to concerns about pain. However, professional teeth whitening is customized to each patient’s specific needs, meaning that the chance of you experiencing discomfort or sensitivity is very low! If your teeth are naturally prone to sensitivity, you shouldn’t hesitate to let us know; we can easily determine how to make your treatment as comfortable as possible, including things like specialty toothpastes that reduce sensitivity or spacing out your appointments.
Does Teeth Whitening Damage Enamel?
You’ll be happy to hear that in addition to being painless, teeth whitening treatment also poses no risk to healthy enamel. However, if you’re dealing with gum disease, decay, or another oral issue, the chemicals can potentially cause complications; this is why seeking a comprehensive dental exam beforehand is so important! It’s worth noting that damage to enamel is possible from certain at-home remedies including activated charcoal, and overuse of whitening products can also lead to worn enamel.
How Can I Make My Teeth Whitening Results Last?
Even though teeth whitening isn’t meant to last forever, it can still offer beautiful results that are maintainable for a few months to even a few years, depending on your commitment to oral care. Here are some useful tips to keep your smile looking bright and white for as long as possible:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Don’t skip flossing; it allows you to clean the parts of your mouth that your toothbrush can’t access.
- Be mindful of foods and drinks that are known to stain teeth, like coffee, tea, soda, red wines and sauces, and more.
- Avoid poor oral habits like smoking and using tobacco.
- Schedule routine preventive care visits with us at least twice a year!