Veneers – Corpus Christi, TX
Crafting the Smile of Your Dreams
If you’re unhappy with the state of your teeth due to flaws like staining, small chips and fractures, or other minor issues, you might be scrambling to find the perfect solution. Dr. Madry can use veneers to help you craft the smile of your dreams in as little as two appointments! Continue reading below to learn a little more about veneers in Corpus Christi and the process for receiving them, or feel free to give us a call to set up a consultation.
Why Choose Dr. Rob Madry for Veneers?
- Comfortable Office with Modern Technology
- Results You’ll Be Thrilled to Show Off
- Sedation Options for Dental-Related Anxiety
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells made from high-quality materials like porcelain; simply put, they can be bonded to the outer surfaces of your teeth in a quick and non-invasive manner to vastly improve their appearance! They can be used to conceal a wide range of imperfections ranging from minor things like staining, chips, and fractures, to larger aesthetic issues like misshapen or damaged teeth. They can sometimes even be used to make your teeth appear straighter without the need for orthodontics. Better yet, the veneers are lifelike in appearance and made to last, meaning that your new smile is both functional and beautiful.
The Process of Getting Veneers
The process for getting veneers is relatively straightforward; after scheduling a consultation with us, you’ll be all set for the initial phase of treatment. Once your teeth are cleaned, a small amount of enamel is removed to ensure that the veneers will fit nicely. Digital impressions are then taken and sent to the dental lab where your veneers will be manufactured with your specific needs in mind.
This process can take a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, you’ll be given temporary veneers to wear until your final ones arrive and are bonded to your teeth. They might have to be shaped and adjusted before you’re sent on your way, but this only ensures that you’re completely satisfied with your new smile.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers have so much to offer your smile! Here are some of their priceless benefits:
- The entire treatment process can be completed in as little as two appointments.
- The veneers are natural-looking, comfortable, and fully customized for your smile.
- Veneers are durable and last for 10 to 15 years with proper oral hygiene.
- They’re made from high quality materials that are stain-resistant and impervious to cavities.
- They can conceal multiple cosmetic dental flaws simultaneously, in one or multiple teeth.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Perhaps you’re already convinced that veneers work. In fact, you may think they’d be a great addition to your smile! However, you might hesitate for a simple reason: the cost of veneers in Corpus Christi. Treatment won’t mean much if you can’t afford it, after all. Still, you should keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Quality is crucial, and veneers make a great long-term investment for a high-caliber smile.
That said, it’s also vital to get cost-effective service. Therefore, we at Dr. Madry’s office will help you find the right option for your needs. You can also count on us to make treatment budget-friendly!
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
Our practice performs many cosmetic procedures, but they have different costs and do different things. It’d be a good idea, then, to weigh your choices carefully. Overall, here’s what you can expect from our aesthetic lineup:
- Teeth Whitening: As you might know, this treatment deals with tooth stains or discoloration. In particular, it uses bleaching gel to whiten your enamel. It doesn’t affect tooth shape or position, then, but it’s a fast, cheap, and effective option for a brighter smile.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is one of the quickest and cheapest options in cosmetic dentistry. It’s only useful for minor changes, though, like hiding or reshaping marks on a damaged tooth. Furthermore, its short-term results mean you’d have to redo it every few years.
- Metal-Free Crowns : Per their name, metal-free crowns are those made of zirconia, EMAX, and similar materials. As such, they last quite a while and look like other teeth once placed. In exchange, though, their price is moderate — one crown can cost a thousand dollars or more.
- Veneers: Compared to other cosmetic options, veneers are more versatile and transformative. By hiding various flaws, they can improve every part of your smile — color, shape, position, etc. The shells even last for 30+ years with proper care. Of course, such features also make veneers rather expensive.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
In the end, dental plans usually don’t cover veneers. (Insurance companies consider them medically unnecessary.) Nonetheless, it’s possible to make veneers more affordable.
Here at Dr. Madry’s practice, we offer flexible financing through CareCredit. This third party-service lets you pay for care with low-interest, monthly installments. As such, you can manage a treatment’s cost over time instead of all at once. Doing so could let you get prettier teeth otherwise out of reach.
Maybe you’re curious about veneers in Corpus Christi. The porcelain shells, after all, can do a lot to transform your smile! You’d thus like to learn more about them as a cosmetic treatment. However, there’s a good chance you don’t know where to start. In this situation, Dr. Madry’s office is here to help: the answers to some frequently asked veneer questions are listed below. Please look them over to better understand the procedure. Should you have other treatment facts you’d like to know, though, feel free to call our office or set up a consultation .
Is There Anything I Can’t Eat with Veneers?
Due to their durability, veneers can handle most meals. That said, though, there are some factors to keep in mind.
Firstly, temporary veneers aren’t as sturdy as permanent ones. As such, avoid hard items like ice, raw fruits, or candies while wearing them. (The prosthetics could break otherwise.) Furthermore, be wary of darkly pigmented foods and drinks — temporary veneers stain more easily.
Secondly, you should still treat permanent veneers carefully. If you bite the wrong way, hard or crunchy products could wear the restorations. Stick stuff, on the other hand, could pry the prosthetics off your teeth. Alcohol can also weaken the bonding material that holds veneers in place.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
Some people do develop a slight lisp when they first get veneers. In these cases, the issue stems from a patient’s tongue. The latter isn’t used to the veneers’ presence, so it doesn’t move as it should when you talk.
Fortunately, such lisping is temporary. It’ll naturally fade as your tongue adjusts to the veneers. Still, you can speed up that adjustment by practicing your pronunciation. Dr. Madry could also reduce your veneers’ thickness to make a lisp go away.
Can You Whiten Veneers?
Sadly, standard teeth whitening doesn’t work on veneers; its bleach can only whiten enamel. If your porcelain shells get stained, then, you can only have them replaced or shaded. A whitener would only brighten some of your smile, making its tone uneven.
Still, you could get whitening before any veneers are placed. That way, the dentist can color-match your prosthetics to your existing teeth. You’d then get an evenly-white smile that dazzles friends and family alike.
Do Veneers Change Your Face?
To some extent, veneers do change your face. Namely, they provide extra support for your mouth’s muscle tissue and accentuate your cheekbones. Those body parts lose elasticity and muscle tone with age, so treatment gives them a boost. You could even say veneers offer a facelift without any surgery!
If you’d like, Dr. Madry can tell you more about the face-changing aspects of veneers. As such, feel free to bring up the matter at your consultation.