Emergency Dentistry – Corpus Christi, TX
Timely Treatment for Urgent Dental Problems
When you’re faced with an intense toothache, a broken tooth, or some other dental emergency, you should never put off seeking care. In some cases, getting prompt treatment could mean the difference between saving and losing your tooth! If you experience any type of discomfort in your mouth, please call our team at Rob Madry, DDS as soon as you can. We provide timely treatment for urgent dental problems, and there’s nothing we’d love more than to relieve your pain and get you back to smiling with emergency dentistry in our Corpus Christi, TX dental office!
Why Choose Rob Madry, DDS for Emergency Dentistry?
- Helpful Dental Team by Your Side
- Dentist with Over 20 Years of Experience
- Same-Day Dental Crowns Available via Glidewell.io
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
If you find yourself with a sudden dental problem, try not to panic. Instead, take deep breaths and call our dental office. Here’s how you can expect us to remedy your situation:
- Schedule your emergency appointment – Over the phone, a member of our team will ask you questions about your emergency, determine how urgently you need to visit, and book an appointment for you. We can also give you basic tips for handling your symptoms until then.
- Perform an emergency exam – Dr. Madry will closely look over your mouth and capture X-rays if needed to figure out the cause of and solution to your emergency.
- Recommend treatment – After sharing his findings, Dr. Madry will outline the specific methods he’d suggest for treating your problem.
- Provide the care you need – Once we’ve agreed on a course of treatment, we can begin healing your smile.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies come in two basic types: sudden accidents and long-term problems that have been steadily worsening. In either case, you’ll need to get treatment as soon as you can. Even if you’re not quite sure whether you have a “real” emergency, we’d rather be safe than sorry. You should definitely let us know if you experience any of the following common dental emergencies.
Hot & Cold
Gums, Lips or
Jaw Pain or
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
The cost of treating your dental emergency is directly related to its severity. For example, some oral infections might only require a prescription of antibiotics, while others may necessitate more extensive (and costlier) treatments like root canal therapy. When Dr. Madry examines your mouth during your emergency exam, he’ll make sure you fully understand exactly what the problem is, which treatment options you have, and the prices associated with each of them.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
Rarely can you prevent dental emergencies entirely, but by taking the right steps, you can greatly reduce your risk. These steps are easy to implement into your daily life, and they include:
- Brushing and flossing every day.
- Coming in for your six-month dental checkups and cleanings.
- Not using your teeth to open bottles, crack nuts, chew on pens, eat ice, or anything else that could break them.
- Wearing an athletic mouthguard if you play sports to decrease the risk of serious injury to your teeth.
- Asking Dr. Madry about getting a custom nightguard if you grind your teeth while you sleep.